EDI X12 856 Ship Notice
The EDI X12 856 Advanced Ship Note (ASN) is used by suppliers or logistics service providers to inform customers about the contents of a shipment. It is the electronic version of the packing slip and often follows the EDI X12 855 or the EDI X12 997.
The ASN contains information about the shipment, contents of the shipment, dimensions, packaging and transport. Because the ASN is sent before the shipment is transported, the customer can set up his logistics processes (goods receipt) accordingly.
The EDI X12 856 is often used in the Retail, Transport & Logistics, Manufacturing and Automotive sectors.
- Years of integration experience
- Flexible and scalable solutions
- Experience with different industries
- Friendly company to work with
Content of an EDI X12 856 message
- Information about materials being shipped.
- Quantities shipped
- Shipping and arrival date
- Shipping Address
- Terms of delivery
- Carrier details
Benefits of an EDI X12 856 message
- Reduces workload by reducing manual workload
- Prevents errors by significantly reducing human errors by automatically generating the information
- Reduces costs through less use of paper
Outsource EDI with Managed EDI
How to integrate and implement EDI is still a challenge for many organizations. At Copernicus we have a lot of experience with EDI. With Niklas, our own integration platform or Enterprise Service Bus, we design and implement all communication between different applications and systems ourselves.
For organizations where EDI is not yet a core competency, Copernicus also offers ‘EDI as a service’: Managed EDI, based on Niklas. Managed EDI is available in a customized subscription form and suitable for both large and small organizations.
If you would like to know more about the possibilities of Managed EDI for your company, please feel free to contact us.