What is DESADV?
DESADV stands for: DESpatch ADVice message and is the digital version of a packing slip. A DESADV contains, among other things, data about the supplier, the customer, items sorted by article level with associated article code (for example: EAN/GTIN/SKU) and the number of articles shipped per item. Furthermore, it contains detailed transport data such as date and time of shipment, planned date and time of receipt and information about the carrier. Some versions of DESADV also contain data per pallet with the products present and associated batch codes, which we call an SSCC (Serial Shipment Container Code). This code contains the international and unique identification code of an outer packaging.
- Years of integration experience
- Flexible and scalable solutions
- Experience with different industries
- Friendly company to work with
The benefits of DESADV
- DESADV is important in automating invoice checking. By combining different EDI messages such as ORDRSP, DESADV and INVOIC, the process of entering and checking invoices can be fully automated.
- When using DESADV with SSCC, it can be indicated per SSCC which SKUs (EAN/GTIN) are contained in the outer packaging in which quantities. Upon receipt, the warehouse can scan the SSCC, so that the information about the delivered items can be seen immediately in the WMS.
- It also offers the recipient the opportunity to better plan his logistics operation for the receipt of the goods. Because the supplier announces the shipment in advance, with time, the recipient can check the data in advance and possibly even refuse, if the shipment has not yet been sent.
- No longer sending paper packing slips not only reduces the burden on the environment, but also results in major financial savings on the costs of paper and ink.
Outsource EDI with Managed EDI
Managed EDI helps companies integrate and implement EDI. And offers organizations the opportunity to be completely unburdened.
With Niklas, the Copernicus integration platform, we offer ‘EDI as a a service’ in a customized subscription form. Managed EDI is suitable for both large and small organizations.
Would you like to know more about the possibilities of EDI and/or Managed EDI for your organization? Please feel free to contact us.