What is EAI?
Enterprise Application Integration, abbreviated EAI, is a technology that automates the electronic exchange of information between different computer systems and applications, regardless of the data formats and protocols used.
To apply EAI, you use a software layer between the different systems and applications. This ‘middleware’ independently regulates and coordinates the automatic exchange of data, without the operating systems and applications involved needing to know anything about each other.
- Years of integration experience
- Flexible and scalable solutions
- Experience with different industries
- Friendly company to work with
How does EAI work?
In terms of system architecture, EAI sits between multiple application servers, for example between a web server (front-end) and another server /mainframe (back-end). These use EAI to exchange messages. A standard language such as XML is used for this, but this can also be another standard. EAI fulfills a coordination function so that the applications do not need to know anything about each other and only communicate with the EAI. We call this form of communication ‘application-to-application’, or A2A.
The benefits of EAI
- Flows seamlessly between different applications and systems
- Prevents data duplication
- Promotes interoperability between applications and systems
- Processes involving multiple applications are streamlined
- New systems can be connected quickly and easily
- It creates a single point of access to your company information
Is EAI for me?
How to integrate and implement EAI is still a challenge for many organizations.
At Copernicus we have a lot of experience with EAI. With Niklas, our own integration platform or Enterprise Service Bus, we design and implement all communication between different applications and systems ourselves. And we ensure that the processes are carried out as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
We see that using EAI has many advantages. Many companies are already working with it these days and if your customers and suppliers do the same, it is often advisable to use it yourself.
If you want to know more about whether EAI is suitable for your company, please feel free to contact us.